Sunday, July 10, 2011

Super Tots


If you have known me for more than five minutes, you probably know how much I love bacon. I have a passion for flavor and bacon gives me a giant boner. I could, and probably will, write an entire blog completely about bacon. But tonight, I made super tots.

A local restaurant here in Anchorage called the Spenard Roadhouse is not only infamous for their bourbon bar, but their bacon creations. They usually feature some special, bacon of the month, that is ridiculously tiny and expensive…but super delicious. They have an appetizer called super tots that consists of a bed of tater tots, covered in bacon, smothered in cheese, topped with chives, and garnished with sour cream.

This evening, I happened to have all of those ingredients (minus the chives, unfortunately), and I made homemade super tots. They were absolutely spectacular for a lazy Sunday afternoon watching crazy documentaries.

It only took about 25 minutes total. I put piece of foil on a cookie sheet and poured the frozen tater tots pretty close together. I baked them at 450F for about 15 minutes before I took them out and added a healthy portion of bacon bits. I put them back in the oven for about another five minutes. I took them out one last time and smothered them with shredded cheddar and sliced cheddar jack cheese. (Note: make sure every tot is a cheesy tot. No one likes to get a bare tot. And furthermore, no one likes the one who steals the cheese nucleus either.) I put them back in the oven for a few more minutes until the cheese melted. We garnished with sour cream and devoured instantly.

Great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment